It’s coming up on one year since I started this website with a goal to change my life and get healthy. It’s been a long haul, and I feel like I’ve just had so many failed attempts to kick my own ass, get in shape and create a healthier lifestyle for myself. I’m still working on it.
But, it got me thinking.
Why is this so hard for me to do?
Let me give you some background. I’m good at most anything I put my mind to. That sounds bragadocious (as Donald Trump would say, and yes I’m making fun of him by using this word), but allow me to explain.
If I set a goal to do something or accomplish something, I usually succeed. I am fiercely determined and tenacious, and usually there is nothing and nobody that can stop me from getting something I want.
- When I was in grade 7, I was invited to a summer volleyball camp. I had never played the sport – not once. I won the most improved player award for the camp that year.
- When I decided to become a PR practitioner, I paved the way to get accepted to a competitive University program on the first application.
- I got the job I wanted before University was even over.
- I started a business and made it successful in a few short years.
- I wanted to learn graphic design and to build websites, and so I did.
If I set a goal, I almost always meet that goal.
So why have I failed in my efforts to get healthy and lose weight? The only answer I can come up with is because I haven’t TRULY made this a goal I really want to achieve. I am not working hard enough to reach this goal. I just haven’t set my mind on it and therefore I’ve not prioritized it.
I’m trying to change this. I need to make this a priority goal, because when it is priority I know I will be successful in reaching it.
So here I am, trying to figure out how to shift my mindset and make this a priority goal. I have to clear a path from all my other goals to really prioritize this one.
I’m working on it and plan to RAWK ON some more!