Okay – most of us have heard of an Old Fashioned cocktail, right? It’s typically made with a bourbon, but because I’m not the biggest bourbon fan in the world, I found a replacement spirit. And now I love, love, love mixing an Old Fashioned for a nice nightcap.
I like it on the sweeter side, and infusing the maple, orange and cherry gives it such a holiday-esque feel as well.
The Barreled Trouble gin by Hansen Distillery in Edmonton, Alberta is absolutely one of the best spirits you will ever try.
It surprisingly makes this New Old Fashioned my new favourite cocktail.
I hope you will try it out and let me know what you think!
- 1 orange peel (about 1 inch long)
- 2 oz of Hansen Distillery Barreled Trouble Gin
- 1/2 tsp of maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of maraschino cherry liquid
- 4 generous dashes of orange bitters
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 3 regular ice cubes (or one large round/square cube)
- Rim an Old Fashioned glass with the orange peel and drop in glass
- Mix remaining ingredients in glass
- Add ice
- Stir generously